Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Valentine Journal and Shakespeare - Perfect Match

While growing up, I suffered from an obsession called journals. I loved those little kids journals with perfumed pink pages, and lockets on them (made me feel like my secrets are safe in there). I wanted to own every beautiful notebook, or diary I saw. There was something magical and romantic about a beautiful piece of paper, but my parents didn't have enough money to support my "not that cheap" hobby. That made me sad, until I figured out I could alter my boring notebooks with my own creations, and breathe life into them. That's how it all started.
Valentine Shakespeare Journal
However, as a huge fan of everything handmade, I just can't see altered journals as the real deal. I made quite a few myself over the time, and even though they do look beautiful, I wanted to take a step further, and design a journal that will be unique and handmade from scratch.



Considering how much I love Shakespeare, a Valentine journal inspired by his "Romeo and Juliet" was my next logical move. You can see the results in picture.

It has 10 thick pages design by myself, and it comes with a library card pocket stuffed with matching tags that can be personalized and placed inside of the journal.


Let me know what you think. What are your latest crafty creations? I would love to hear from you.

Love,

~Ivana~

1 comment: